Wednesday, August 17, 2011

First Day of School 2011

Yup, it's time already!! Yesterday was the big day... 
Both kids are off to school!! Tony is starting 3rd grade with Mrs. Pfeiffer. Meagan is in Mrs. Kikut's kindergarten class, just like Tony was not so long ago....
Meagan was so ready for the day to start, she didn't even wait to say good-bye. We got separated in the swarm of parents at the door; Tom and I were stuck outside and she just kept on going. She walked right in, picked up her name tag, sat down and started coloring. Her first words as I picked her up that afternoon were, "It was AWESOME!!" with her arms raised as if in victory. She has been waiting for this day for quite a while now...
And, in what I am sure will become a tradition, we enjoyed a plate of "Back-to-School Brownies" once we got home. I love this time of year!!

2 comments:

jrteacherlady said...

YEAH for Kindergarten!!! Congrats Meagan:) Brittany can't wait either...

Nancy and Carrie said...

Brownies, what a great idea! Think I might have to borrow that one. You are just 1 year ahead of me with schooling - Johnny wants to go to kinder, NOT pre-k!!