Friday, August 20, 2010

I survived the first week!!!

unfortunately, I also forgot to take pictures of Tony's first day of school on Monday. How sad is that??! So I don't have any pics to post this time, but it is what it is....

So, yes, I am one week down on my first student teaching assignment. My brain is mush, my feet are killing me, and I am LOVING it! I have 28 first graders at a "perfect" elementary school here in Redding. My master teacher is wonderful. He has been teaching 1st grade for 25 years and is a wealth of information. The other 1st grade teachers here have been really accepting and welcoming- I am counting my lucky stars every minute of this assignment....which lasts until mid-October. After that things may be a whole other story (last I heard session 2 will be with 38!! 4th graders), but I'll worry about that later!

For now, I am a happy camper. I am also dead tired and I hear a bottle of wine calling my name....

2 comments:

Laura P Thomas said...

Sounds like you deserve that drink. Good Job Jenn! If I were a first grader I would totally want you as my teacher.

jrteacherlady said...

YEAH!!! I'm so excited for you! First grade is the best and I know you will be wonderful:)

Watch our Laura, Carrie and I teach 1st grade too:)