Monday, March 1, 2010

Lookin' Good!

Check out Tony's new peepers!
His teacher mentioned last month that there may be a small problem with his eyes. She had rearranged everyone's seats and Tony's was now in the back of the class. Every time he needed to copy something down from the board he was up out of his seat, walking up to the board and squinting trying to figure out what was written. We took him in, and behold, the little man needs specs. He's been slowly adjusting to them, commenting often- "Wow, everything is nearer now, I can see!"

4 comments:

jrteacherlady said...

Yeah!!! I got my glasses when I was in 2nd grade:) I'm sure you've given him the no sharing, letting others try them on, forgetting them at school:) He looks so handsome:)

Rachel said...

I agree! Very handsome! I'm sure his whole world will open up now! When my dad was a little boy, after he got his first glasses, he discovered that you could actually see the moon in the sky! He had never seen it before. Only in books. He didn't know you could just SEE it. CRAZY!!!

Laura P Thomas said...

I didn't get mine until 6th grade but I remember how different and clear the world looked too. A secret advantage to wearing glasses...everyone thinks you are really smart because you look so smart.

Nancy and Carrie said...

I have always wanted glasses! At my appointment last month, I couldn't read the bottom line. I thought this was it...but guess I am still okay. Too much reading!

Yeah for Tony!